Welcome to pickpick ("pickpick," "we," "us" or "our"), a fun way to source feedback, compare anything, and to help you make decisions!
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an pickpick account.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and pickpick. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by pickpick.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the pickpick application on your device
- pickpick or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside pickpick (or the group of companies of which pickpick is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that pickpick is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings on the individual post (set by you). To change the privacy setting on a Post you can ‘edit’ the post at any time. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or summons) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which pickpick, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- pickpick, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from UK law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and pickpick, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to pickpick make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, pickpick, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- To delete your account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (from the address associated with the account username) marked in the subject line set to: ‘Delete my account’.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The pickpick Service does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a pickpick User, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
End User License Agreement ("Agreement")
Last updated: 16/10/17
Please read this End User License Agreement ("Agreement") carefully before clicking the "I Agree"
button, downloading or using pickpick ("Application").
By clicking the "I Agree" button, downloading or using the Application, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not click on the "I Agree" button and do not download or use the Application.
Pickpick grants you a revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license to download, install and use the Application solely for your personal, noncommercial purposes strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
You agree not to, and you will not permit others to:
- a) license, sell, rent, lease, assign, distribute, transmit, host, outsource, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit the Application or make the Application available to any third party.
User-Created Content & Behaviour Agreement
Pickpick has a no tolerance policy for objectionable content or abusive users. Pickpick reserves the right to block access to your account if it is posting, sharing or commenting objectionable content or abuse. This content includes, but is not limited to:
- a) directed abuse
- b) pornographic imagery
- c) SPAM
- d) unapproved advertising
- e) offensive language
- f) excessive crudity
- g) violent imagery
Modifications to Application
Pickpick reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or
permanently, the Application or any service to which it connects, with or without notice and without liability to you.
Term and Termination
This Agreement shall remain in effect until terminated by you or pickpick.
Pickpick may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any or no reason,
suspend or terminate this Agreement with or without prior notice.
This Agreement will terminate immediately, without prior notice from pickpick, in the event that you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. You may also terminate this Agreement by deleting the Application and all copies thereof from your mobile device or from your
Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your mobile device or from your desktop.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent
possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Amendments to this Agreement
Pickpick reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this
Agreement at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 (changes this) days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.